Our site uses cookies to ensure you quality of service. By continuing browsing you agree with "Autentiška" cookie policy. Learn more

The Dangė (also called Danė) River is the energetic spine of Klaipėda around which this Lithuanian seaport has developed, grown and changed. The Dangės Krantinės (Turgaus St 37A) conversion project is an important constituent of Klaipėda’s identity. The restoration/reconstruction of half-timbered warehouses from the 18th and 19th centuries restores elements of cultural heritage and adapts the building for modern society. A total of 13 apartments and 4 commercial premises were designed within the building. The project`s website is www.dangeskrantines.lt.

To see the introductory video of the project, please click here.

XXI a.

After WWII, a candy factory operated here. The area was fenced off and many manufacturing and auxiliary buildings were built. The confectionery factory preserved the old warehouse: all wooden load-bearing structures of the 18th and 19th centuries were left in place. However, the building`s walls used to be covered with red clay bricks. These were removed during the conversion in 2017 to reveal the details of the half-timbered architecture.

XX a.

After the bastions lost their defensive function and with the permission of the Prussian king, this place was handed over to citizens engaged in commerce. Since the second half of the 18th century, a warehouse for sea salt stood on this spot, but it burnt down during the great fire of 1854. Three years later, a herring sorting warehouse was built in its place. From the urbanistic point of view, the historical warehouses on the embankment of the Dangė are important as a sign of the new identity of Klaipėda with its image of the fortress diminishing and business becoming a higher priority in the development of the city.


In the 16th and 17th centuries, two churches intended for the German and Lithuanian communities – St John`s Church and the Lithuanian Church (Litauische Kirche) – stood in the area of the former Klaipėda confectionery now marked on the map as Turgaus St 37. The first changes to this place occurred in 1627–1629 when preparations for war with Sweden began and the city was surrounded with bastions. Soon the Lithuanian Church on the right bank of the Dangė was demolished for strategic defensive reasons.  Later, in 1706, with the expansion and heightening of the ramparts, St John`s Church was also relocated.


About Inreal Group

Inreal Group possibly offers the widest range of real estate services in Lithuania. In more than 20 years of operation, it has implemented over 50 real estate projects of various types, which had brought the company recognition and awards in both Lithuanian and international competitions. Real estate projects currently in development: Dangės Krantinės in Old Town Klaipėda, Marių Verandos in Neringa and HIGHWAY Business Centre in Vilnius.

Contact Us

Rūta Merčaitienė
Marketingo ir komunikacijos vadovė
Tel.: +370 611 29779
E-mail: ruta.mercaitiene@inreal.lt